Deliciously chewy ANZAC biscuits.
Perfect treat for the lunchbox or to have with a cup of tea. (Or midnight snack)
What you will need:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.
2. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
3. Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl. (Large bowl)
4. Place butter, syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 2 minutes or until butter has melted. Stir in bicarbonate of soda.
When you put the bicarb soda in and stir, it will expand a lot into a frothy foam, don’t be afraid of it. You’re doing it right!
5. Stir butter mixture into oat mixture.
6. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on trays, 5cm apart. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden in colour.
7. Let them cool on the tray for 5-10 min and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
These should last a few days in airtight container, although in our house they barely last that long! Really yummy.